Amazon Prime - Amazon Customer loyalty program
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is Amazon’s paid subscription program. Prime members are entitled to numerous perks as part of the program - access to Amazon’s streaming and reading service, Amazon shopping benefits (e.g. exclusive deals and access) as well as shipping benefits.
With 150m+ Prime members globally (112m members are in the US), the Amazon prime program is an essential milestone for you as a seller, particularly if you're selling to the US.
As a 3rd party seller on Amazon, you have 2 options to choose from when targeting Prime eligibility:
- Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) - Allows you to deliver directly to domestic Prime customers from your own warehouse. You are committing to fulfill orders with Two-Day Delivery at no additional charge for Prime customers.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) - Since FBA products are fulfilled by Amazon and include Amazon’s fast delivery and customer service promises, you’ll earn the prime-badge so customers know that Amazon handles packing, delivery, customer service, and returns.
Why sell Prime?
Ensures your products are among the first that Amazon’s most loyal customers see, with additional visibility during events such as Prime day, one of Amazon’s biggest selling events.
Improve your chances of competing for (and winning) the buy box - FBA and SFP have the greatest impact on winning the buy box.
Provide buyers with visibility of your fast shipping and stellar seller reputation
What do you need to do?
Firstly, for FBA sellers, Prime eligibility is automatic as you are using Amazon’s service promise of fast delivery and customer service. For SFP (Seller Fulfilled Prime) sellers, you must register for Prime and complete a trial period before being enrolled in the program.
When updating in Amazon Channel, you can do so at an individual listing level or by bulk editing your postage and returns in-line with Amazon Prime criteria:
- Offer Premium Shipping Options
- Ship over 99% of your orders on time
- Have an order cancellation rate of less than 0.5%
- Use Amazon Buy Shipping Services for at least 99% of orders
- Deliver orders with our supported Seller Fulfilled Prime carriers
- Seller must agree to the Amazon Returns Policy
- Allow for all customer service inquiries to be dealt with by Amazon